Friday, February 14, 2020

How I Refresh My Hair After Work

Like most teenagers, I work in fast food and am required to wear my hair up in a hat. Most people with straight hair don't have to worry about how their hair is going to look after hours of wearing it up. I can go into work with flawless hair. My curls are perfectly defined and full of volume. But when I get home and take my hair down I see a mess of limp, undefined, flat curls. It's a little disheartening to see after I've put so much work into getting it to look its best. However, I've figured out a way to bring my hair back to life after work. This routine requires multiple hair products, a spray bottle, and a TON of water.

Before Work

This routine all depends on how I treat my hair before I go to work. Where I work I'm required to wear a hat. However, I have a choice between a hat and a visor. I specifically requested a visor because it does not cover the top of my hair. It doesn't flatten my roots and give me hat hair like most traditional hats would.
Next, as I'm required to wear hair up, I try to do the loosest ponytail possible. I use a scrunchie, which does not cause breakage like a regular, thin hair tie would, and only loop my hair through it once. I can't entirely prevent the damage the hair tie does to my curl pattern, but by using this method my hair looks significantly better than it would if I didn't do this. 

At Work 

While I'm at work there's not much that I can do. My environment is very busy and I have little to no time to think about my hair. Most of the work in this routine takes place after work. 

After Work 

When I get off of work, the first thing I always do is take my visor off and put my hair down. When I get home, I put my hair up in a bonnet and go to sleep. However, when I wake up the next morning, I actually refresh my hair. 
The tools I use in this routine are as followed:
Spray Bottle 
I use this to saturate my hair completely before I apply product. The more water the better. You may be wondering why I don't just stick my head under the shower head and wet my hair that way. It would be quicker and easier, right? Wrong. If I did that my hair would be completely crushed and my curl pattern would go limp. Spraying the water from the spray bottle gets my hair wet without crushing it.

Hair Products
I use the Mop Top Curly Hair Custard. I run this through my hair and scrunch for maximum definition. I make sure to not use too much of this, as it can make my hair crunchy. It gives me hold and added moisture throughout the day. 

Conclusion

By using this method, I am able to make my curls last a lot longer. If I didn't refresh my hair after work, I'd have to wash my hair every two days. Using this method, I am able to wait 4 days until I have to wash my hair again. Let me know in the comments what you do to your hair after work, or if you have a similar routine. Also, if you have some tips you'd like to share, do not hesitate to let me know. I hope you enjoyed this post and found it helpful.


No comments:

Post a Comment